Author Topic: fermented foods  (Read 4630 times)

Mary

fermented foods
« on: December 15, 2014, 12:52:41 PM »
On Wednesday December 10 Ben talked about using fermented foods. The SueroGold ferments veggies that are super. I put 3 kinds of bell peppers, radishes, an onion and a bottle of SueroGold in a food processor so that the veggies would have as much surface area for fermentation as possible. I left it in a more or less warm spot for several days. I then added a decent quantity of salt as an added preservative, put them in a glass jar and refrigerated them. Superb.

ledisi

Re: fermented foods
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 07:30:45 PM »
Hi there,
I'm brand new to the forum and this information and its wonderful.
Mary can you please tell me where I find the information on SueroGold?
I sure need to learn to ferment and also I want to thank you for the bell pepper, radishes and onion mention. For some weird reason I thought I'd have to do fermented cabbage which grosses me out and the idea of the veggies you mentioned are much more appealing to me. thank you.

Mary

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 01:16:09 PM »
I'm so slow at checking this. I apologize. Contact me at chigung97407@gmail.com and I'll tell you how to get Suero Gold. You might have already found out if you've been listening to Ben while I was being slow to check this.

BraveNewWhirled

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 07:42:05 PM »
Hi Sarah,
Food properly fermented is safe and has more nutritional value in general, but some nutrients are converted as the culture ages. Fermentation is the original food preservative and it is very simple for anybody to get started with it.

If someone had digestive upset after eating cultured food it is because they didn't do it right, or more likely their body isn't accustomed to all the good bacteria. You can't eat Big Macs all your life and suddenly eat good stuff without feeling different. Just stick your proverbial toe in the water before you guzzle down a pint of kombucha.  :o

Quantcast