Author Topic: Obsessive Compulsive Interruption Disorder: OCID  (Read 6437 times)

BraveNewWhirled

Re: Obsessive Compulsive Interruption Disorder: OCID
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2016, 08:12:40 PM »
OK you're right. I'm wrong.

SingleTax

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2017, 02:04:15 PM »
If Alex's guests were smart, they would simply stop talking altogether whenever he starts cutting them off in mid-sentence over and over again.

Only the public embarrassment of having to say "sorry, go ahead..." every ten to twenty seconds would finally make him realize how ridiculously rude and unprofessional he's being.

sonofagun

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2017, 07:32:49 AM »
Jones prefers starting a sentence in the middle of his guests'!   His guests must know or be informed by Alex's staff ahead of time of his habit of doing this as AFAIK none have said something like:
 "Excuse me, but you've interrupted me several times during this interview!   Didn't your parents teach you it is impolite to interrupt someone?   Either stop doing so or this interview is over!"

I'd sure like to see that happen!  Alex needs to stop taking all these virility supplements and instead take some calmative ones!

BraveNewWhirled

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2017, 01:18:04 PM »
You could play a (water) drinking game. For example, set a bar and take one drink for every word under that bar the guest is able to say before Jones interrupts. "Thank you for having me, A... "That's incredible! I was just going to say..." so that is less than six words because the guess didn't finish the sixth word. If the bar is eight words you have to take three drinks.  :o

Quantcast