Author Topic: exemestane  (Read 2910 times)

olfhvp@gdinet.com

exemestane
« on: March 17, 2015, 06:17:16 PM »
Hi,
What info would you give an 80-yr-old woman who suffered surgery/chemo last year for breast/lymph cancer whose doctor now wants to put her on Exemestane for the rest of her life to suppress estrogen production so the cancer does not return. Does this make sense? Thanks.

BraveNewWhirled

Re: exemestane
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 07:07:29 PM »
A great resource for side effects is drugs.com. Maybe she could get a second opinion. And a third. It's important to be comfortable with your doctor and the care received. If you think your doctor is incompetent, never hesitate to find another. I'm not saying the doctor is a twit, but in the past I have been in the care of near-complete idiots. I met a thoracic surgeon who didn't know that a PET scan uses *radioactive* glucose for metabolic detection. Another insisted that the Gardasil vaccine is an effective prophylaxis for HPV, when it only covers four strains and has managed to kill and maim a bunch of people in trials and since it was introduced. But he read his Establishment Medical Journal and they said it's like bubblegum and ponies, so it must be good.

But an Internet community forum is probably one of the last places you should trust for great advice on cancer treatment. I hope she gets well.

amillergcn

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 05:03:30 PM »
Hi there.  I'm very sorry for the wait and for your troubles.  SELENIUM is definitely what I would recommend to address those particular issues.  Selenium in concert with the Essential 90 Vitamins & Minerals will see you feeling much better!  Please do email me if you have any further questions at amiller@gcnlive.com

Michelleyates

• custom dissertation writing service
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 01:19:43 AM »
There are some student struggling to complete their dissertations. The custom dissertation writing service offers the best guidance in affordable price.

Quantcast